The Last Friday

When I left the house yesterday morning to walk to work for the last time, I was surprised to find the front yard nicely planted.  For the five months I have been here it has been a dirty, muddy patch with a scraggly tree.  Apparently the Uni decided to spruce things up for the new semester.
Our newly landscaped yard.
At work I finished up my work on the Martin Place stitches and went to a Unit meeting for the morning.  It was an interesting meeting where a lot of topics were covered, and Bill, the head planner who works with our Unit, made some very entertaining presentations (downright hilarious at times).  Many people commented as we left that they had never had such a good time at a meeting before.

The rest of the day I spent closing out all of the projects that I worked on during my time with the City.  I cleared off my desktop and went through the files on my computer to make sure everything made it into the right places on our shared network.  It was interesting to go back through all of the work I had done.  To wrap up the day much of floor eight moved over to the Edinburgh Castle Hotel, near the office, to knock back a few schooners and unwind from the week.  After a few hours we split up and I headed to catch a train out to Sydenham for the usual Friday night at 'the house'.

Riding in the vestibule on the train from Town Hall to Sydenham.
On the platform at Sydenham.

I showed up to 'the house' around 8:30 in time for tapas made by Amanda and Geri.  We spent the next few hours eating, drinking, and chatting.

Bruschetta and tomato, olive, and capsicum skewers.

Roast potatoes.

Mushrooms, asparagus, and artichokes.

Stuffed capsicum and potatoes.

After eating we did engagement toasts, which was nice, followed up by toasts for my departure.  It was a great way to spend my last Friday night in Australia - with the people who have defined my time here.

Kylie attempting to open champagne.

Comments

Popular Posts