Game of Thrones

This morning I slept in a bit before Skyping with GHP this morning.  It was nice to say 'hello' to a few old co-workers and had a great time answering questions about life in Australia for half an hour.
After midday I headed to Kylie, Candice, and Amanda's (henceforth to be known as 'the house' - I don't know how I have managed the last four months always typing out all of their names every time) for a Saturday with the three, Rick, and Sal.  Sal, Candice, and I went to the shops to grab groceries.

When we returned from the store we started watching 'Game of Thrones', a tv show that has become quite popular of late.  I had never seen it, but the other had watched the entire first season.  To catch me up to speed(ish) they showed me the first episode.  There is seriously complex plot things and way too many characters to pick up everything in the first go around, so as we jumped straight into the second season I was a bit overwhelmed.

The next nine hours were spent watching seven of the ten episodes from the second season - a marathon of tv.  It was quite good, and I was able to figure out most of what was going on.  During this time I made burgers (in a frying pan, how weird), Candice made potato salad, and we had a nice dinner.

Burger toppings - beet root is a must for Aussies on burgers.
Burgers, buns, corn, and potato salad.
Dinner all plated up.

Tomorrow I plan to go museum exploring.  The weather is supposed to be nice so I might try to hit some of the outdoor sites of the Sydney Biennale, an international festival of contemporary art held every two years, as there is no guarantee I will have nice weather next weekend.  Before I leave the country I have seven museums, five Biennale sites, and two parks to explore.  Since most of the stuff is centred around Circular Quay, it seems like my final weekends in the city will be spent down there!

Comments

Popular Posts