One Last SOS

Today I spent most of my time preparing material for a meeting which is taking place tomorrow between property owners on Martin Place and the Sydney City Council.  Martin Place was, for over a century, the hub of Sydney (and Australian) financial institutions.  In the last decade, the five block long pedestrian mall has been transitioning to a more retail based existence, as the historic bank buildings are being re-imagined as upscale shops.  The meeting is important enough to have made the Australian Financial Review this morning.  My work for the meeting includes photo montages of the entire street elevation, crafted from the photos I took earlier in the week (or was it last week?)


The metre long elevation photo stitch of the north side of Martin Place.
In the afternoon I took a brief break from work and went downstairs, through the train station, and over to the Queen Victoria Building to get an engagement gift for Candice and Kylie.  After searching for 20 minutes in Victoria's Basement, I stumbled across a pirate ship shaped cake pan, and knew it was just what they needed.  No longer need they worry about how to (successfully) make cool cakes!

The pirate ship cake pan.


I was around the office until just after 6:00 when I went to go meet Kylie, Candice, and Amanda for sushi for one last time at Sushi on Stanley (SOS), a favourite haunt of ours. The girls aren't the most punctual people in the world, so knowing this I decided to go on a bit of a walk on the way to the restaurant. I did a lap around Hyde Park, adding about 25 minutes to the journey.
Centrepoint Tower from Hyde Park.

Anzac Memorial in Hyde Park.

Since I got home I have been cleaning my desk and floor of five months of receipts.
I am very, very particular about keeping a budget, and always enter in expenditures daily into a spreadsheet, but it seems the receipts end up all over.  Usually I file them, but I refuse to fly back with 300+ receipts, so I decided a round of double-checking against the spreadsheet will have to do!  It was really funny to look at all of the exchange rates and see how much prices changed in five months.  Also, it was interesting to look back on my time here through my purchases - from my first lunch with Tiffany, through NZ, getting sick, Jason and Rebecca's visit (over two months ago!), review time, all the way through to the trip to Melbourne.  It was a great reminder of all the things I have done.

Hundreds of receipts.

Also tonight, I cooked for what is, I believe, my last time in this kitchen.  I made a chicken stir-fry to last me through the rest of the work week.  I will not miss this kitchen.

Cooking.

Speaking of last things, I am still working on that laundry from Sunday night - about half the stuff dried enough to bring inside this evening. I am hoping for sun tomorrow

Comments

Popular Posts