Fried

Nothing too special to report from work today.  As I mentioned the other day, I have taken to listening to the radio online from Atlanta.  Monday is really great because it is Sunday back in the US and I get to catch the AT40 (American Top 40) - it made me feel a bit more in touch with what is going on musically in the US.

Tonight I had dinner at the Abercrombie Hotel (reminder, hotel means pub) near my house with Jimmy (who conveniently works at the Uni, so therefore, close to my house).  I had heard a few weeks back that they fried some pretty interesting things, and I knew I had to check it out before I left town!  We got the fried macaroni and cheese balls (recommended by Jimmy), but neglected to try the fried pizza (deadly, according to Jimmy) and the fried gaytime (a type of ice cream on a stick).  I was full from a few of the mac and cheese balls and my steak and mash, so didn't get the gaytime, though I really do want to try it!

Fried mac and cheese at the Abercrombie Hotel.
When I got home a bit past 7:00 I set to work in the kitchen getting some stuff cooked for lunches for the week.  I am going to try to get through Canberra pictures tonight and get them up on facebook for y'all!

Comments

Popular Posts