41 Hours

Most of my today happened to align with yesterday in the US, effectively extending my birthday across seventeen time zones all the way to Seattle, yielding a 41 hour birthday that slowly rippled around the world.  As my global friend network keeps expanding, I look forward to the extended celebration of my birthday for years to come.

At the office it was business as usual.  With stuff done for Cindy yesterday, I spent all of today working on my project, pounding through lots of raw data I had compiled from my four months of field work, making and triple checking a massive spreadsheet, and beginning the task of analyzing the results to compile a final report.  At this point, my work desk is becoming a mess (like everyone else on my floor).  I suppose it is a mark of productivity.  To add to the clutter this afternoon I treated myself to a Bundaberg ginger beer (no alcohol), one of my favourite Aussie drinks.

I cleaned off my desk just for the picture - note the papers stacked on the binders.
At the end of the day we headed over to Sweeney's, a rooftop bar that you can see from our office, to have a send off for someone from our floor.  I ended up having a nice chat with a few coworkers who I hadn't really gotten to meet before.  I stuck around for two hours before heading off home.

I got home about 7:30, made dinner with Hannah, which we hadn't done in months!  After, we watched The Producers. Speaking of German things, as I mentioned yesterday I talked to Hilary for a long while.  Hilary (for those of you who don't know) is a good friend of mine from my summer in Valdosta back in 2007 (as well as an encore summer in 2010).  Also, when I was in Europe last summer for my travel fellowship I spent a few days with her in Vienna (where she was studying abroad).  Currently, she is in Germany for the summer working for an art museum.  She gave my blog a plug in her blog, so I figured I would return the favour.  It is always nice to catch up with friends!

No solid plans for the weekend, though I intend to hit some museums.

Comments

Popular Posts