Reminders of March

As of this evening, the blog had 102 hits for the day - a lot more than any other day since it started back in February.  In only a few hours, the 'Melbourne Day I' post was read by over fifty people.  Apparently lots of people in the US want to know about what there is to do in Melbourne - I hope it helps someone plan their trip!

This morning was drizzly, continuing the precipitation from last night, though it wasn't too wet to walk to work.  I had a productive day - after all, why buck the trend now?  This morning I had a meeting about my report (that I keep mentioning).  After some discussion and the ironing out of a few details I returned to my computer and made a final draft and worked up a few appendices to go with the write-up.  At the moment the report is ready to be sent off.  It ended up being a total of 29 A4* pages; nothing too big, but I was quite proud of all the work that went into it!

With a week until my last work day, Tony and Cindy began sorting out the plans for my farewell lunch.  The decision to do another Yum Cha lunch wasn't too difficult, and they chose a place to do it and Tony sent out the invite to get it into the appropriate diaries.  The invite list turned out being a little long, and if everyone ends up coming, we will defiantly be in for an interesting lunch experience.

This evening I have been wasting time (shocking, I know), though I have begun to clean up my room in the attempt to wittle my life down to 46k kilos, plus whatever I can shove in a bag and still call it a 'carry-on'. With move-out day looming in five days, it is almost time to pack for real, but for now I will just be content with tidying.  Besides, all my clothes are still hanging outside in a vain attempt to dry them.  I really hope it is sunny tomorrow.

Oh, and as for the title of the post today...
Back in early march Tiffany and I attended a 'Welcome for International Students' hosted by the City of Sydney.  At it, we ended up having our picture taken with Clover Moore, the Lord Mayor (or, really the 'Right Honourable Lord Mayor of Sydney), though when the camera woman wandered off we figured it was just another picture we would never see.  I had kind of forgotten about it when Tiffany asked if I could try to track it down, being connected with the City email system and whatnot.  I did my best, and sent out a few emails on Tuesday of last week.  After being bounced around between four departments within the City, I was given the email address of the contact who planned the event.  After some wrangling back and forth I got an email this morning containing the pictures from that night, four and a half months ago!

Tiffany, Lord Mayor Clover Moore, and me.

*The US seems to be one of the only countries in the world (no surprise there) to not use the international standard 'A' paper sizes.  A4 is the equivalent of our 'letter' size, being 8.267" x 11.693".


Word of the Day:
diary - planner or calendar; I would only be left to presume that what Americans call a diary, Australians would call a journal.

Comments

Popular Posts