Another Day

I have just returned home from having dinner with Candice and Amanda at their house (Kylie left this evening to visit family).
Work was busy this morning getting things ready for a meeting this afternoon.  We got things done under the wire, and the meeting went well.  I did feel a bit out of place in the meeting as I felt substantially younger than everyone in the room, but I was really just there to observe what was going on and see how the visuals I had created were used.

This evening I left work in the rain (which had been intermittent throughout the day) to meet Amanda over at Wynyard.  We swung by the Coles Express in the station to pick up some stuff for dinner and then caught the train west to Sydenham.  Once back at her place, we got to briefly see Kylie as she got things ready for her long weekend.  We set in making dinner and waited for Candice to get home.  I admittedly wasn't too helpful and just tended the sauteing veg as Amanda set about making pesto and garlic bread.

Candice got home around 7:00 and we enjoyed a fantastic dinner.

Amanda's homemade pesto with veg and garlic bread.
Tonight we booked a hotel for our trip to Melbourne, so everything is all squared away for that.

Looks like it is set to rain through mid-morning.  I suppose it is winter, the rainy season, so it is to be expected.  Hopefully the weather will be cooperative this weekend as I need to do some laundry and hope to do a bit of wandering in the city.

Comments

Popular Posts