Winding Down

It's just 1:20 and I've been home from studio for a while, eaten lunch, and am going to settle in for a bit of picture labelling before doing some work.  For a class that runs from 9:00-5:00, my 10:00-12:30 stint is evidence that the semester is coming to a close.  Out of 17 students in my studio, I only saw three today; we each had ample time to meet with Paul (our professor) and chat about our projects as we head toward final review next week.  I would have been done within the first hour, but I ended up sticking around and chatting with Paul and one other student about studio culture in America versus Australia.  Paul agreed that the American system is much more demanding and also has a lot more to offer in terms of collaboration and camaraderie in studio.  We also enjoyed joking about all the conversions between metrics and imperial (when Paul was growing up in Australia they were imperial, then they had the metric switch, then he studied at Harvard GSD (back to imperial), before finally returning to metric in Australia).

Other than that, there is not too much going on.  I went to go pick up my history paper today and was pleasantly surprised with an HD, or High Distinction.  While I still don't claim to understand the Australian grading system, I assume I should be pretty happy with that.

I am beginning to sort out travel plans and wrap up my courses for the semester; tomorrow is the last day of my internship at Town Hall.

Comments

Popular Posts