To Do

Blogger keeps a count of how many people read the blog, and I am happy to announce that June has blown past any of the other months in readership and there are still five days left.  Glad y'all are enjoying it!

This morning it was a bit chilly as I headed into work... I started the morning with my official induction to City of Sydney (ninety minutes or so with five four other new employees learning about the City).  Even though I'm hardly 'new' at this point, I learned a few new things.  By 9:45 I was back up on the eighth floor getting work done.  I was doing quite a bit of work in Excel today and knew that it was capable of many cool things;  while it took quite a bit of time to figure out some new commands online, once I sorted them out I was able to wow Cindy with a bit of spreadsheet magic for a project we are doing - gotta love technology!

Tonight I started a big Australia to do list on a large sheet of paper that has been sitting around my room, left over from an aborted print job at the architecture school.  While I know a lot of the things can't be done in the next month (especially in the left column of cities to visit) I made it as a reminder of all the things I have gotten to do (as well as things that I could do if I were to return).
My Australia To Do List.
The USD is fighting back toward parity with the AUD after falling last week and languishing around .98 for the last few days.  I'm pulling for it to come above tomorrow (or in the next few minutes - it is currently at .9994, but who's counting?).

Looks like New Orleans dodged Debby.  However, it seems she decided to head straight for GHP in Valdosta.  With today as the first day of classes, it will no doubt be a soggy, windy, and memorable beginning to GHP 2012!  I know atleast one RA down there checks in with the blog - hope things are getting off on the right foot down there.  If you run out of things to do for seminars, I would be happy to have a Skype discussion with the kiddies about Australia :D (just saying...).

Comments

  1. I am so ready for the rain to stop. And if we can figure out a time that works, that sounds like a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts