Out and About

As my days become a bit more routine, the blog posts will likely get a lot less information-filled and more about random, disjointed things that I come across along the way.

Last night I made really delicious stir-fry that I also had for lunch today at work.

Stir-fry!
On the walk into work this morning (the weather is beautiful here this week!) I discovered that the church by my house on Broadway is now completed.  It is a really awesome looking modern building, and I will try to go explore it in the very near future.

The completed church from across Broadway.
At work today I spent a few hours out in the field doing some survey-ish work.  I got to go to a few areas that I had not been before in Surry Hills and Darlinghurst.  A few things I saw along the way were the St. Margaret's Hospital Site, a hospital founded in the late 1800s which closed in the 1990s.  Many of the buildings on the site were retained and converted into apartments and various other things to create a little 'town centre'.  I found it to be fantastically designed.  One of the coolest things was the 1960s circular chapel that had been converted into an art gallery.

In the main plaza of St. Margaret's.

As I wandered through Surry Hills, I got to see a lot of the oldest surviving architecture in Sydney.  It is a quite exquisite suburb that is a bit grungy around the edges but has fantastic bones.
Rowhouses from the mid-1800s in Surry Hills.
Tonight I made seared lamb and potatoes with a spicy ginger sauce over an arrabiata pasta.  Turned out quite well.  The rest of the evening has been spent getting everything squared away for my studio debriefing on Thursday morning.

Comments

Popular Posts