This, That, and the Other

As promised - short vignettes about the day:
I got to work early today and started off with a morning tea and crumpet - a bit of sustenance to get me through what would turn out to be a long day!

Some serenity before a full-on day.
I got to do something that I don't often get to do anymore - I spent a few hours of today doing some hand drawings, no doubt a dying form of representation in the digital age.

Hand drawn sections and elevations.
The afternoon was spent doing some computer work on a project that I had come across a few months ago.  Before I knew it it was sunset - quite a spectacular sight this evening from the eighth floor.

Sunset over Darling Harbour from our office.
After snapping the picture of sunset I went back to my desk and worked until about 6:00 at which point I realized the floor had cleared out and it was probably time to go home.

On my way home I swung into Woolies to grab some apples and mandarins for the rest of the week.  As I made my way home the streets were abuzz as the commuting crowd gave way to the people who were going out downtown.  When I got near my house I got the added bonus of seeing a movie (I don't know what) being filmed in an alley off Shepherd Street at Broadway.

I had a quick dinner of leftover stir fry and chatted with Abs and Kayla for a bit before heading out to studio to photograph my models from the semester and plot my last board.  With that out of the way, all I need to do is hand my stuff in tomorrow.

On a side note, I have gotten to talk to both of my grandfathers back in the US via Skype - technology is quite an amazing thing :)

Comments

Popular Posts