Life Back in the Harbour City

I am home and have been attempting to clean, unpack, and get back in the groove for the start of work tomorrow.

Now that I have been to Uluru, I have visited five of the UNESCO World Heritage sites of Australia (in only a little over three and a half months). For a bit of comparison, prior to coming to Australia, I had been to sixteen UNESCO World Heritage sites in seven countries:

Austria - 1
Belgium - 2
France - 2
Israel - 4
Spain - 2
UK - 2
US -3


I would say I am doing pretty well as regards seeing significant things in this country!  While I saw the four in Israel in only 10 days, there is a large geographic advantage there, considering the sizes of the countries (and therefore the density of sites).

At the airport after I wrote, the Brissy couple found me and sat next to me as we waited for our flights.  I was glad to hear that they enjoyed their Desert Awakenings tour this morning - they were impressed I had made it up for a third sunrise.  At around 1:00 I went to board my flight and we said our final goodbyes.

The flight back to Sydney only was about two and a half hours due to the wind patterns in Australia.  Even still, Qantas served an impressive lunch of a delicious meat pie with tomato sauce accompanied by Bundaberg ginger beer (hands down one of the most delicious drinks in existence, I can't believe they had it on the plane!) and followed up with tea.  Also, they showed a movie, This Means War, which wasn't too bad, and an episode of Big Bang Theory and one of Modern Family. We landed around 4:45 and I was out of the airport by 4:55.

Kylie came around to pick me up (they live about ten minutes from the airport) and we headed over to pick up Candice before going into the City to go get sushi at Sushi on Stanley - a nice welcome back meal.

I am going to be up a bit longer tonight because I promised to talk to a few people in the US via skype on their Sunday morning.  I have work in the morning, but the weather looks promising to allow me to talk in, so all should be good!

Comments

Popular Posts