The Joys of Not Driving

The usual.  Walked into work, had a crumpet and tea, and set in on the project I have been working on since I started full-time (not to mention off and on for the four months prior!).  The fantastic news is after four months I still enjoy it and am challenged each day.  Not a bad way to go about it.
Nothing of particular note, however.  I did have a great afternoon snack of an orange and hot chocolate.  A few coworkers thought my combination was funny, but as some of you may know, chocolate-orange is quite possibly my favourite flavour combination.
Afternoon snack.
When I was cutting up the orange in the kitchen, my Brazilian coworker happened in and we ended up chatting about how the fruit here is different from that which we are used to in America.  We both agreed that it was noticeably sweeter.  Must be something to do with the soil or weather conditions up in Tropical North Queensland where most of the fruit is grown.

I ended up working pretty late as we have a deadline tomorrow.  Headed out from Town Hall around 5:50 in a slight drizzle.  When I hit George Street, I encountered a traffic jam like I have never seen in Sydney.  Gridlock, as far as I could see in both directions.  While it was sprinkling a bit I was quite happy to commute by foot.  The traffic stretched all the way to Broadway, halfway home, and barely moved the entire time.

Following my usual MO, I have yet to pack for my trip tomorrow.  I am leaving from work, which means I should probably get on it already...  It will happen - eventually.  I spoke with mom for a bit on the phone (through skype - the joys of technology!) and she is leaving for a trip this morning (tonight my time) and had yet to finish packing.  It runs in the family, so you can't blame me entirely!

I might write a quick update on my way out of the office tomorrow, but if not I might not write until I am back in Sydney.  As with trips in the past I will keep a log and update when I return.

Comments

Popular Posts