A Winter Weekend

This morning I had the opportunity to sleep in, which I haven't had in a bit.

I piddled around a bit this morning, talked to mom and dad on Skype, and booked my trip to Canberra for this upcoming Friday.  Canberra, the National Capital, is a three and a half hour bus ride from Sydney.  I will be staying with a friend of a friend who I RAed with at GHP back in Valdosta in 2010.  While many Aussies discouraged me from going (due to a lack of things to do in Canberra), it is an important city from an urban planning perspective, and I have been assured there are many things to do despite the reputation that it has among many Australians.  I will leave Friday after work and return on Sunday evening.

This afternoon Abs and I went to Broadway to shop at Coles. I was pleasantly surprised when I went outside and it felt like winter.  Not that it was particularly cold, probably in the low 60s, but the sun had that nice warming feeling that you get when the air is a bit crisp.

This evening, at Abs' request, I made a round of red beans and rice.  While I have adopted a 'make it with whatever ingredients I so choose approach', it has begun to not very closely resemble its New Orleans antecedent.  Still good, nonetheless.

Loose interpretation of red beans and rice.

Comments

Popular Posts