Reflecting

Last night Tiffany and I went to Guzman Y Gomez - our go-to for great food at an even better price.  When we go we always get chicken nachos to split.  I put jalapenos, cilantro, and habanero sauce on my half.  We always finish the whole serving and leave happy and full.
And that is just it.  We have a place that we know to go to.  We have a routine.  We live in Sydney.  And that is exciting.  What made me think about it is that last night our nachos were accompanied by conversation about how we have carved out lives for ourselves here.  We have close friends.  We have a routine.  I have my Friday night group - I know what to expect.  We talked about how it seems like we just got here, but in other ways it feels like ages.  When I think back to my life in New Orleans, back to Mardi Gras, that seems like the distant past. 

Today was the last day of my internship.  That is hard to believe.  The fact that I have been at Town Hall for three months. This upcoming week is the last week of the semester.  That is hard to believe.

We knew from day one that our time in Sydney was finite from day one.  But, with the arrival of June, our departure dates start to become a bit more tangible.  That being said, we still have over a month.  I am scheduled to fly out July 4, Tiffany on July 5, leaving plenty of time for more adventures.  And as I talked to Tiffany last night we realized something - we found what we came for.  Our experiences have lived up to our expectations.  We are happy we came. 

I know this post sounds like it should come when I am actually getting ready to leave Sydney, but I felt like it was worth putting those thoughts out here now.  That after three months things are good, really good.

So, for now, July is far away and I don't have to think about it.  Tonight I will head off to see my friends.  Because it is Friday night.  And that's what I do on Friday nights.

Comments

Popular Posts