Last Lecture

This morning I had my last lecture at Sydney Uni.  It wasn't so much a lecture as a short, vague explanation of the exam format and then fifteen minutes to fill out course evaluations (something the US migrated to the internet a while back...)

After the lecture I headed over to the bank to take care of some business that needed tending to.  I ended up in a ten minute discussion with the teller when she found out that I lived in Louisiana.  She said that it is the state she wants to most visit because 'True Blood', a show about vampires, is set in (fictitious) Bon Temps, LA.  While I admitted that I don't watch the show, she still hit me with a barrage of questions relating to anything and everything remotely about Louisiana, the south, and the US.  One big thing was the accent - I put on my deep southern accent for a moment which made her pretty happy.  She then asked if I use "y'all" and was delighted to find out that that is my biggest southern-ism; I use y'all all (and even "all y'all" / "y'all all" the time - the Australians seem to love it.  Other topics covered included the weather in the American south and interest rates (currently 5.2%) vs. the US (practically 0%)...(I mean, I was at a bank).

While the morning was sunny (for the first time in a while), things quickly gave way to overcast skies.  Now it is pouring quite heavily again with VERY strong winds (the house is shaking a bit), and is supposed to through Friday.  I think this is London's way of punishing us for not celebrating the Queen's Jubilee (most Australians are for the republic - it will happen soon enough - which I think is a shame).  Hopefully us taking off work on Monday for the Queen's Birthday will make it stop raining!

I plotted my boards this afternoon and made it home with them before the rain.  Now I just have two models to make and a booklet to put together for my presentation on Thursday.

My boards, plotted and laid out on our living room floor.
I'm taking a bit of time to clean my room and desk off (things pile up very quickly when you sit for days on end working).  I opened a package of Arnott's Royals - one of my purchases when I was expanding my horizons from Tim Tams - to test them out.  I was underwhelmed and will not be purchasing anymore at Woolworths this week when I return to buy more of the mint slices and Tim Tams (on sale 3/$4.something - the cheapest they have been since I got here!).  I suppose I should start stocking up to prepare to bring a bag-full home since everyone seems to want them!

Arnott's Royals - a biscuit with marshmallow flavoured with an unidentifiable red fruit - strawberry? or raspberry...
Tonight I plan to finish my booklet for review and plan my model - tomorrow I will spend the day in studio building the models...

Comments

  1. Course evaluations at my school are still by hand on paper! But I guess that's because I go to a school smaller than my high school and the class size is generally tiny. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts