Quiet Night In

Just enjoying my first quiet night in in quite a few days.  The train arrived at Nerang just after 3:30 with the rain coming down.  I waited for the 740 bus which came at 3:55, and got a private ride out to Surfers Paradise, with the bus driver going out of the way so I wouldn’t have to go too far in the rain. I got to my hotel, the Outrigger, and checked in by 4:30.  I have a great view out to the ocean, which was looking pretty rough with the rain and some large waves.  I had a cuppa and watched a bit of tele before heading downstairs around 5:45 to find some dinner.  With the rain still coming down, I decided to head to Woolies, only a few blocks away, forgoing the array of quick eat restaurants on the way.

Once at Woolies I bought some cereal, juice and some snacks for the week (as well as a few things to share – a new flavor of Bounty bars, perhaps?).  I also found some good things for dinner, so decided to just grab a few things and head back to the hotel.  I had honey chicken over a tomato and onion salad with an Australian Riesling I picked up (having a fridge at the hotel is convenient) – not bad for a night in the hotel with stuff picked up from the grocery.


Now I m just looking over options for tomorrow, though the weather is looking quite glum.  And I think I will make quite an early night of it.  Brisbane was a success, and I look forward to the start of this conference with a lecture tomorrow evening.

Comments

Popular Posts