Booked

As of yesterday afternoon, all my travel arrangements have been booked.

The plan is:

Sunday, June 16 - ATL to LAX
A purposefully long layover so I can see a friend from Tulane who lives a stone's throw away from the airport.

Sunday, June 16 - Tuesday, June 18 - LAX to SYD
Yes, with the time change the flight leaves the US on the night of the 16th and arrives in Sydney just after the morning flight curfew ends on the 18th.  Somewhere over the Pacific we drop a day (with the promise it returns to you on the flight back - how magical).

Tuesday, June 18 - Thursday, June 27 - Sydney
I will be staying with friends as I meet with community stakeholders and academically minded people to discuss my thesis as I prepare for my presentation at the conference.

Thursday, June 27 - Sunday, July 30 - Brisbane
The symposium I am presenting at, plus a bit of time to wander around Brisbane, the capital of Queensland, which I never got to when I was in Australia the first time around.

Sunday, July 30 - Friday, July 5 - Gold Coast
Taking a train down the coast an hour or so to the border between Queensland and New South Wales to attend the annual conference of the Society of Architectural Historians, Australia and New Zealand.  Recommended to tack this onto my trip by the coordinator of the first conference to make the 24 hour journey more worthwhile and also network with some Australian academics and spread the Tulane name.

Friday, July 5 - Monday, July 15 - Sydney
Return to Sydney in the evening and spend two weekends and a full work week tying up loose ends with contacts that I made as well as hopefully parlaying those into possible future collaborations.

Monday, July 15 - SYD to ATL (via LAX)
The return journery will hopefully not include that long of a layover in Los Angeles. Fingers crossed.

With only a little over a week before my departure (not to mention a three day sojourn to Memphis this weekend), there is a lot to get done!

Comments

Popular Posts