Meeting

I have a meeting scheduled in Sydney two weeks from today.  That's just weird.
At the moment things are almost all sorted out for my sojourn.  I got confirmation of my VISA this afternoon, allowing me to enter Australia some time in the next year and stay for three months or less - more than enough to do the trick.  Tomorrow I will book my flights to and from Australia and will be all set to go.  Once I have done that, I will let y'all know what the plans are.  If everything goes smoothly, I will be on a plane to Sydney in ten days.

In other news, my frantic booking really needs to turn into job searching mode.  I plan to send out quite a few resumes in the next week or so to Sydney firms in an attempt to get a few interviews lined up while I am down there.  After all, it has never been a secret that I want to return on a slightly more permanent basis (at least for a few years).  My old co-workers have been very supportive in suggesting firms to get in touch with.

Also, with an impending large-scale trip, there is some shopping that needs to take place.  I haven't been in Atlanta two weeks yet, and relocating my life from the last five years from New Orleans hasn't quite resolved itself.  I need to finish unpacking and clean up, take stock of the essentials (which in some cases are quite low), make some purchases (including a new carry-on sized bag - the last six years of globe trotting have done in my old bag), and get things all ready to go.  This on top of a trip to Memphis in two days (mmmm, barbecue), finishing some tasks around the house, and figuring out what I am going to be saying at this symposium (which is, you know, the entire point of this trip).

But I'm not worried.

It will work out.

It always does.

Comments

Popular Posts