Back at Town Hall House

Just a quick update for yesterday and this morning.

After the baseball game yesterday, I made some lunch and settled in to get some work done at the house.  Around 5:00 Kylie came home and soon after we struck out into the city to meet with Amanda, Geri, and Rick for dinner at our favourite old haunt - Sushi on Stanley.  We met up at Lord Roberts across the street and then headed over to grab a table.  It took about fifteen minutes for one of the (five) tables in the restaurant to clear out.  We enjoyed a phenomenal dinner and then hung around a bit before heading back out to the house.  On the trip back we picked up Candice, who had been working late, at Sydenham.

This morning I woke up, had breakfast, and headed out to catch the 10.17 from Arncliffe.  I made it to Town Hall by around 10:35 and began a whirlwind tour of all the electronics stores in downtown in an attempt to replace my laptop charger which died yesterday (what fortuitous timing).  I stopped into JB HiFi in the Strand Arcade.  They had run out of chargers so they sent me to the one across Pitt Street mall in Westfield Tower.  After heading up six storeys to the store, it turned out they didn't have the right size, so they sent me to Jaycar behind the QVB on York.  They also didn't have the right size and sent me to the laptop store above them.  After some searching they were able to help me out, so I am back up and running.

Now I am in the lobby of Town Hall House (unfortunately I missed the solstice expedition my old team was taking today) getting a bit of work done before heading back up to floor 8 to see everyone and run through my presentation.

I plan to spend the arvo downtown and then will maybe grab a schooner with work or with a friend of a friend back at Tulane who just graduated with his M. Arch. from Sydney Uni.

Comments

Popular Posts