Back to the City

Back at the house after a long, productive day in the city.

Today turned out to be the antithesis of yesterday. After I wrote yesterday, the three of us sat in the lounge room the rest of the day as the dinner cooked and watched the entire second season of Park and Recreation on DVD.  It was a great way to spend a cold and rainy Sunday.

Brekky in front of the tele.
Dinner in front of the tele.

This morning I was up and moving around 9:00.  I got a lot done this morning and headed out at midday to catch the 12.17 into the city.  I had lunch with Tim, a recent M. Arch. graduate from UTS (Uni Technology Sydney) - a friend's (from Tulane) mom's (who studied in Australia when she was in school) friend's (who is Australian) son.  We had a nice chat about architecture in Sydney and I had a good roast beef sandwich (with lots of beet root - I'm in Australia).

After lunch I hoofed it from Wynyard to Town Hall for a 2:00 meeting with the City Aboriginal Community Liaison.  We each had a short white (Australians call coffee weird names) and a great conversation about the Aboriginal community and city initiatives.

I stayed and worked until about 3:30 and then caught a train around the City Circle line (instead of heading straight to Central) as I was in no particular rush.  I took a seat on the top deck and enjoyed the view through Circular Quay Station.


I alighted at Central and took the Devonshire Concourse to Railway Square, killing twenty minutes along the way at Basement Books.  From there I walked up Broadway to City Road and to the Uni Campus (giving directions to Redfern Station along the way).  I hadn't been up to the main Quad yet, so walked up the hill and cut through the quad, heading around that area of campus before the rain (which was supposed to have been going all day) started.  I stopped back in the cloister of the Quad and enjoyed the view as the sun set.

Around 5:30 I went to meet Abs (my old Kiwi housemate) and we headed through Newtown down King Street in the rain to grab dinner at Guzman Y Gomez - a Mexican restaurant that Tiffany and I enjoyed going to last year.  I got the nachos (what we always used to get) and we had a nice catch-up.

I caught the train from Redfern back to Arncliffe after dinner.

Tomorrow I will do some work in the morning and then have a meeting and dinner plans.  I also might head to the city to catch the Sydney monorail which will be torn down starting next week.  While a bit hoaky, I figure I should take a ride before it is relegated to history.


Comments

  1. If you come to Chiba, we are definitely taking a ride on our monorail! It's the longest suspended monorail in the world~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts