PM Woes

It seems every time I come to Australia they decide to try and find a new PM.  This arvo the Labour party announced a call for election at 7:00 tonight.  I'm currently watching Kevin Rudd (the challenger to Julia Gillard - the current leader of the party and PM) speak about his reasons for considering the challenge.  From his speech I don't think I like him very much.

Anyways, we will know later this evening if Australia will see a new PM just months before the election scheduled for 14 September - it seems the Labour Party (according to Rudd) is  attempting to prevent a landslide loss in September.  So State of Origin footy is not the only excitement of the night.  The anchors seem a bit shocked by the speech and indicate that by the speech (and the speech by Gillard earlier today) indicate that the caucus will result in a new PM.

Today was productive.  I did washing and ironing this morning and then headed out to grab lunch near Town Hall. From there I headed down George Street to Haymarket and cut through Paddy's to pick up a few small gifts that people (Poppa) asked for on my way to the Uni for a 2:30 meeting with my architecture studio professor from last year.

It was nice to see him and catch up and get a bit of feedback, and I ran into two mates from last year who are finishing up their masters next semester.  I stuck around the architecture school and did some work before catching the train at the start of peak hour.

Tonight will be State of Origin, packing, and watching the political news.  I have a very early flight tomorrow and speak just after midday at the State Library of New South Wales!

Comments

Popular Posts