Ticking Time

Firstly, we were very fortunate to get power back before waking up this morning - it seems most people in the surrounding areas went without power most of today, which would have really set me back.  I did spend the better part of the morning hacking apart the large pieces of felled tree in the front yard, but all in all we did quite well considering the circumstance (not to mention I got a pretty good workout in the process of cleaning).


The hacked up tree pieces lined up the driveway.
This arvo (look, I'm trying to get into the Aussie spirit) I handled everything I meant to get done last night.  As of now, all of my digital things are squared away for the trip as are my printed materials (books, portfolios, work samples, etc.).  I just sent off the final draft of my bio and abstract for the program.  Also, tonight my flights adjusted a bit, so it looks like I will be getting out of Atlanta early Sunday morning - in less than 30 hours my journey will have begun!

For your perusal, here is the link to the symposium website: http://raceplacetaste.wordpress.com/

So, for now, this is good night as there is a lot to do tomorrow (it is finally packing day!).

Comments

Popular Posts