The Return of Less Cooperative Weather

And so the rainy weather has returned.  With it, cooler temperatures are offering some respite from the heat of last week, so I can't complain too much.  Yesterday was no exception, as Tiffany and I roasted a bit under the unrelenting sun on our venture to Paddy's Market.  I went shopping for some serious amounts of veg (I am cooking for 10 or so people tonight) and she came along to pick up some fruits and explore the scale of the market.  She ended up finding a dress she liked, so everyone was happy with the trip.  The walk back and forth, loaded with lots of food on the return, was a hot one, and we were all too happy to have a big glass of water and lazy around when we got back to my place.

Other than that, I had a pretty quiet day looking at airfares for some trips I am planning and had a chill evening with a delicious dinner prepared by Abs and then a movie before bed.  Today and tonight promise to be a bit more action packed as I endeavour to do red beans and rice, prawn (haha) etoufee, bread pudding, and pralines for a large group of Aussies who want a taste of New Orleans.  I will let everyone know how it goes!

Comments

Popular Posts