A Birthday Marked by Google

the title bears the caveat of but only in Australia...
http://www.cnngo.com/sydney/visit/sydney-harbour-bridge-turns-80-today-384733?hpt=hp_c3

The isolation of Australia is pretty obvious in pretty much all aspects of life down here.  Living in the US we never hear of what goes on down here - we are so far removed in many ways (geographically not least of which).  Also, Australia tends to not cause waves.  They don't throw things at their neighbors, they don't dump toxic waste into the ocean, and, admittedly, they don't export a ton of things that we couldn't get from elsewhere.  It was nice to see at work today that google (if only the Aussie version) gave a nod to our little local icon, the Sydney Harbour Bridge, on her eightieth birthday.  It is refresthing to live in a place that the 'birthday' of a bridge warrants front page news coverage - for real, these people really don't rock the boat.

Today was work; nothing too terribly exciting, though not unexciting for that matter.  Had a quick dinner at home before heading off to a meeting at the architecture school with my studio.  Finally, with the small group, I got to chat with some of my peers and make some friends in the class.  There is a lot to be said for small group time.

Since I have nothing to report of incredible interest, I will share some photos of my neighborhood to better get you aquainted with my life down here...

The back of the architecture school, seen on my walk home from work through campus.

Walking up my street - the row of terraces that make up the neighborhood.

Comments

Popular Posts