Recharge

Nap time. Tea time. An electric socket or two.

I just woke up from a short nap for a much needed afternoon tea (one of the joys of living in a country which still follows the customs of the mother country).  To my great pleasure, the weather forecast was entirely off, and the morning was sunny with very agreeable temperatures (17C – low 60s).  I struck out with the intention of heading to the botanical gardens and possibly across the Harbour Bridge to North Sydney, but only made it through Hyde Park and to the barracks of Old Sydney before my camera battery gave out.  I had thought about plugging it in last night, but for some reason decided against it.  After that happened, I figured it was not worth the extra couple miles of walking if no pictures were to be had, so I lazied around the barracks for a few minutes (they are very nice, a World Heritage Site) before turning back around and heading back to campus. I walked back via Chinatown and stopped in at Paddy's Market - an unfathomably large market with lots of food and everything else. All in all it was a nice walk, at least 10K (upward of 6-7miles), and I did get a few good pictures.  With my full day off on Friday I will reattempt my trek with a full camera battery!

Sydney Tower from the Hyde Park Barracks.

Walking through Chinatown to Paddy's Market.

It ended up working out for the best this morning, as I had plans to meet up with Tiffany for lunch over by the Uni after her class got out at noon. She came by my terrace and we wandered up to King Street, a very busy commercial street abuzz with shops and restaurants and conveniently located a half block from my place, to look for a place to eat.  We decided on a Mexican restaurant, Guzman y Gomez, and had an enjoyable lunch at the counter overlooking the street.  We got to catch up a bit on how things were going, our weekends, and even people watch a bit.

After lunch we returned to my place and decided the afternoon was fit for passing out in my living room.  I plugged in my camera to recharge and we both rested for a bit.  She headed off to a lecture for 3:00 and I decided it was a great time for some tea.  I will post the pictures from my wandering this morning on facebook – if you requested a link and I sent it to you, you will be able to access the pictures through that same link.
I have a lecture this evening from 5:00-6:00 and tomorrow will be busy with my architecture studio which runs from 9:00AM – 5:00PM!

Comments

Popular Posts