Freshman Year

I had my first lecture this morning (from 10:00-11:00), American History, in a 550 seat lecture theatre.  The majority of the class was comprised of first year Uni students, and I did feel a bit old, but I have high hopes that things will go well as even the introduction was intriguing in the way the professor talked about the evolution of the United States from colonies to the modern day - I look forward to hearing more about their perception of our history!

After class I headed back home to gather my lunch before striking out on the walk to work.  When I arrived most of my co-workers were having lunch so I joined them in eating and communally filling out the crossword puzzle from the daily paper.

The afternoon was spent out in the field reconciling some work that had been done previously on the rezoning of buildings within historic contexts.  A planner and I took the train to King's Cross and wandered Victoria Street and around Elizabeth Bay and Potts Point.  It was a gorgeous area full of ritzy historic buildings and modern high rises, and when I finally saw the view I could understand why land values were so high in the area.  I hope to go back on my own (possibly tomorrow, weather permitting) and wander a bit more with my camera, but for now a few cell phone pictures will give you an idea.

Downtown Sydney across Wooloomooloo Bay from Potts Point.
Harbour Bridge and the tips of the Opera House from Potts Point.
Elizabeth Bay.
Elizabeth Bay from the park in front of Elizabeth Bay House.
Tonight for dinner the roomies and I swung by Domino's for their Tuesday deal - $4.90 for a large pizza, which wasn't too bad of a deal in my eyes... until I saw their 'large' pizzas.  Turns out, 'large' in Australia pizzas is smaller than a small pizzas in the US!

A 'large' pizza next to a cell phone.
No class until 5:00 tomorrow, so I will try to figure something out to occupy my time for a while...  Hopefully an adventure of some sort.

Comments

Popular Posts