Settled into a Routine.

On my walk to work this morning I realized I have slipped into a certain nonchalance that inevitably overcomes when action is repeated.  While I try to mix up my walk to work each day (or wherever I am going, because it usually involves going in the same general in-town direction) by taking different routes, I now know the area pretty well.  I'm okay with familiarity and the likes, that means I have found my groove in life down here, but I just now must make sure to not become complacent!  Every so often I have to remind myself that I happen to be half a world away from New Orleans, that I am really in Sydney.  It is quite the exciting prospect.

I got my student ID today this morning before my lecture - there had been a snafu and the card had never gotten printed (I learned when I schlepped over to the card office).  It all worked out, and now I am all set and able to access the architecture school after hours.

My lecture was good today - really enjoying hearing about the history of America from an Aussie professor. There were a few gems from class today but I can't remember them at the moment - I will try to keep track of some funny things I hear along the way.

Walking from lecture back to my terrace to get ready for work.
I spent a majority of my time at work out in Potts Point documenting sites.  I am up to around 80, and will be switching neighborhoods next week.  I ended up at work a bit late and did not get home until almost 6:00.  Hannah and I cooked up dinner tonight while Abs was out - I made garlic bread and sautéed some veg and Hannah cooked up some chicken and when Abs got home we had a nice Italian dinner.

Our Italian dinner.

Comments

Popular Posts