Layover #2

Sitting in LAX waiting for boarding to ATL.  My last flight was full, so no stretching out like the trip down a few weeks back. I have to say, I think I prefer making the crossing direct from Sydney to LAX, rather than splitting it in Auckland – the hassle of switching planes and protracting the already 16 hour process to 20 is not something I will seek to repeat. The flight was pretty bumpy during a few stretches but otherwise uneventful. Dinner was a pesto chicken over pasta with a squash and chick pea salad, followed by some really delicious New Zealand fruit (I have no idea what it was) ice cream. I watched a few movies, the only one I remember is The History Boys (which I had never heard of, it was really good) and the first episode of Orange is the New Black (which I shouldn’t have, because now I want to see more! Breakfast was eggs, beans, and sausage. I slept for maybe two hours.

Clearing customs and border control was more of a pain than last year, but not nearly as arduous as two years ago. The walk between Terminal 2 and Terminal 5 through the horrible parking lots of LAX solidified my hatred for this airport. Security in Terminal 5 crystalized my perception that this is likely the place dreams come to die.
Anyways, one more flight to go. Should be in ATL by midnight and home by 1:00, bringing the total time in transit to somewhere around 32 hours door to door. Three countries in one day – not too shabby.

Comments

Popular Posts