Layover #1

At the Auckland airport, getting ready to go find my gate. I collected my bags, cleared quarantine, rechecked my bag, and went back through security (though I think I will have to do it again at the gate as it is a flight into the US). I was planning on posting my blog post from yesterday, but burned through the half hour of free WiFi trying to get the pictures uploaded, so no dice. I guess you’ll have to wait until I’m back stateside to get the last few days of the trip.

I had been exercising a lot of restraint by not opening the little bag of Darrell Lea licorice that I had bought in Sydney, but the temptation became a bit too much to handle, so I’ve committed to that – though in all fairness the sustenance I have had today consists of a bacon and egg roll for breakie (used up most of the coins I had accumulated) at the airport and the rocky road that I had on the plane. Don’t get up in arms about it mom, I’ve been travelling and am about to have lots of food shoved at me on the plane in two hours.

Looking forward to a movie or two and some sleep!

Comments

Popular Posts