Underway

About two hours into the flight between Atlanta and LA – we’re on an older plane that doesn’t have individual screens, so I can’t really tell you where we are at the moment.

The flight has been uneventful (albeit a bit cold – and unfortunately my hoodie is in the overhead compartment, and as my seatmates are sleeping, I can’t really get to it).

As we got ready to leave my apartment this afternoon, the sky opened up in a big way.  A massive thunderstorm and torrential downpour made the drive quite an experience.  The rain was coming down so fast that the streets were flooding (the likes of which I haven’t seen since New Orleans).  Despite the weather (and thus slower speeds on the interstate) we made it to the airport with plenty of time to spare.  It was pretty quiet at the airport, and I made quick work of checking in, checking my bag, and going through security. My flight left out of the T-gates, so I took the south security checkpoint, which was conveniently next to my gate.  Much less walking than I am used to doing at Hartsfield, which wasn’t exactly the best, considering I will be sitting a lot in the foreseeable future.

I’ve settled in and have been reading, accompanied by a pretty decent meal (compliments of my neighbor-friends who work for Delta and make sure I am taken care of when I fly Delta – THANKS!!!).  I know I am going to get a pretty decent dinner on the flight tonight to Auckland, though I know I won’t be eating until close to 2:30AM eastern (so 11:30 Pacific, once we are airborne).  To tie me over until then, I got a tapas box with pita chips and hummus, sea salted crackers with bruschetta, olives, apricots, almonds, lemon cookies, and some dark chocolate – not to mention the requisite biscoff cookies.

I enjoyed some of the food but saved a lot of it for later in the flight.  But for now, enjoying the views of the Midwest gridded land and some reading.  I worked on my presentation a bit in the airport, but I think I will lay off until I am on the Auckland flight.

Comments

Popular Posts