UNSW

In Kensington, in the city's southeast, this afternoon to meet up with someone from the University of New South Wales (UNSW) who I met at the conferences in Queensland.

Yesterday after writing I got some more work done and elected to stay in the house due to the bleak weather.  Kylie had net ball, and Candice worked late, so we had a late dinner before watching a new tv show here - Australia's Great Baking Challenge - it was pretty entertaining and made us all want dessert.

This morning I caught the 11:17 out of Arncliffe to head a few stops up to Redfern.  This side of the city isn't serviced by rail, but I figured it was a nice day and I could make the more than 3 mile (5km) walk from Redfern, the closest station on my line, to the campus.

I am proud to say I used no map on the trip, having glanced at one yesterday and noting the direction I would need to head.  The trek took me down Botany Road (well, I actually used a parallel side street)  through Redfern and Waterloo a ways until I hit a cross street that looked interesting enough to cut over to the east.  The walk took me along the edge of Moore Park before I turned south on Anzac Parade, taking me through Kensington and Randwick before dropping me at UNSW.  I headed up the main walk through campus and am about to meet Paul at 'The Red Centre' Building (which I can only presume they named for the Red Centre of Australia - though it is a happy [probably not] coincidence that the building is redish and seemingly in the centre of campus) - home of the Faculty of the Built Environment.

Comments

Popular Posts