On Hold

I'm currently on hold with Australian immi services as I attempt to sort out the differences between four different VISA types of the dozens available.  I figured now is a good to update the blog - there seems to be a very long phone queue.

I haven't updated in two days as there has been nothing of incredible note to tell y'all.

Yesterday I tended to some things in Surry Hill (the neighborhood to the east of Central Station) and took some time to wander around the area and grab some lunch.

A neat shadow cast in a laneway in Surry Hill.
After lunch of an "Al Pastor Torta" at El Loco, found using a phone app that has searchable food recommendations nearby, I headed through the Devonshire Concourse under Central Station (making a requisite stopover at my favorite bookshop).  I stopped outside the UTS Building under construction on Broadway to take a picture of the large, mirrored heliostat (check it out at http://www.centralparksydney.com/architecture/).  I will let you pass judgment on your own, but it looks pretty wacky.


My trek down Broadway was prompted by a trip to Coles at Broadway shopping centre.  I had told Candice and Kylie that I would make dinner, and with it being a Monday I concluded red beans and rice would fit the bill.  After grabbing the ingredients, I caught a train at Central back to Arncliffe and headed home to relax a bit before starting in on dinner.  Kylie got home around 5:30 and I started dinner by 6:30.   


Kylie went to get Candice at Sydenham station after 7:00, and I finished up with sautéing some green beans with a bit of olive oil, garlic, and red onion after they got home.


The dinner turned out pretty well (if I do say so myself), and we enjoyed some Boston bun (http://vegemitebeignets.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/good-food-bad-roof.html) for dessert.

Today has been spent inside chasing down some leads via telephone and email.  After a half hour on the phone I also now have some questions answered and will continue about some work.  All is well here.

Comments

Popular Posts