No Confidence in GPS

Breakfast is all cleaned up and the captain has just announced that we will be landing in “thirty-two minutes.”  I have watched an episode of Raising Hope and am now getting everything situated to get ready to land.  Breakfast was quite an affair, with a gouda cheese and herb omelet with sliced potatoes and onion, spinach, mushrooms, chicken sausage and tomato, accompanied by seasonal fruit, mango-passion fruit yogurt, and a croissant with preserves and butter.  Washed down of course with a pot of English breakfast tea and a mimosa (hey, it is back to reality once I land!). 

 
Meanwhile, the plane tracker has been telling me the flight is "0:00 from arrival" for quite some time.  I am glad that the pilot has noticed the big amount of blue under the plane and has elected to keep going despite the intentions of the GPS...
 

The sun rose pretty fast (flying into sunrise can do that) and the clouds are beginning to break, so I am hoping for a nice view on landing.  I remember that LAX was pretty terrible with immigration and getting back through security (quite possibly the longest it has ever taken me at any airport), so I am hoping things are a bit smoother this go around. I guess the next update will be after I am back on US soil!


Comments

Popular Posts