The First Extra Day

Not too much to report today - I stayed in to get some stuff done.

For lunch I went down to the bakery by the train station to grab a sandwich - I had gotten one last week and it was really good.  The bakery is family owned, and the lady who runs it is very nice.  She puts together a great sandwich (I went for a pork), and for A$4.00 (US$3.60), you can't find a better priced lunch - especially in Sydney!


In the afternoon I had a snack from the birthday gift Janene had given to me - a packet of Reese's.  In the US that wouldn't be a big deal, but here in Australia Reese's aren't available at regular retailers.  It was funny to see the nutrition facts reprinted in "Australian" - they use kj instead of calories.


Kylie got home and started in on dinner and Candice got home just after 6:00, in time for the fantastic homemade lentil soup.  For dessert we had pikelets with cream and jam and then settled in to watch a bit of tv.

Tomorrow I am going to pack a bit and go into the city for a meeting in the afternoon - it will be good to get back out of the house!

Comments

Popular Posts