A belated Wrap-up

My apologies for going MIA after returning last week - once back I took a few days to settle in and see family and friends, and then took a long weekend trip east to visit a friend and have some R&R at her lake house.  I'm now back in Atlanta and can wrap up my Australia trip with a few thoughts...

When I arrived in LA, I was one of the first few people off the plane, and since I walk fast, I ended up being the first person to arrive at customs and the first person to go collect luggage.  I was so ahead of schedule that I was able to get back through security and make a flight that left LA at 7:45AM (with the help of my friend moving my flights as I ran through the airport).  The trip was uneventful, and I was in Atlanta just after 3:00 (though had to wait for my bags another hour as they didn't make the transition to the earlier flight).

This go around I ticked two Australian cities off my list - Brisbane and Gold Coast (though both in Queensland, so no new states or territories).  I attended (and spoke at) my first (immediately followed by my second) academic conference. I met and made friends with architects, historians, and academics from across Australia and around the world.  I got to catch up with a majority of my friends and acquaintances from the Sydney area (and picked up a few more along the way).  And I had some job interviews and meetings with professionals who I will stay in touch with in the coming months.

It was a fantastic, productive trip.  Most importantly, I came away reassured and encouraged about the work I spent the last year doing at Tulane.

So, until the next time I head down under, I am signing off of this blog.  However, you can catch me on my (admittedly less often updated) coordinate blog which follows my non-Australian related life - http://mkahngaroux.blogspot.com/.

Comments

Popular Posts