A Problem with Buses

I decided to take the bus to work this morning.  I stood at the stop with seven or eight others, and a growing crowd, as seven buses sailed past us on the way to the city - the drivers feeling they were too full to stop.  I live at least 15 stops from the heart of the CBD.  Think of all the people, every day, that stand waiting for a bus that they can't board.  By the time I got to work it would have taken about the same amount of time to walk.  And this reinforces my decision most every day to walk.  Just saying, trains are better (but more expensive, plus I enjoy the walk, so it all works out).

Meanwhile, work was good today.  I did some computer work this morning and returned to site documentation for the first time in a month this afternoon.  I got to cover a lot of ground in Woolloomooloo along the waterfront, which was really nice.  One cool thing my co-worker, who is a wealth of knowledge, pointed out along the trek was one of three remaining ward markers from 1840 left in Sydney.  Fun to see a bit of the tangible historic fabric of early Sydney...

A ward market in Woolloomooloo.

Other than that, work was fairly uneventful, and I enjoyed the walk home, despite it starting to get dark around 4:45!  Made dinner tonight with Abs and spent some time watching tv with Hannah and Joe.  History lecture in the morning followed by work - I suppose I'm fully back to the grind now.

Comments

Popular Posts