An Afternoon at Circular Quay

This morning I spent quite a bit of time catching up with the family on Skype as well as sorting out some plans for my visitors in a few weeks!

Tiffany and I had originally discussed heading up to Manly for the day, but the weather decided to hover in the upper 60s with some wind - not very conducive to the beach.  In lieu, I decided an adventure around the Botanic Gardens and the Opera House would be a good thing to do, seeing as I had not made it over there yet.  Amanda was keen enough on the idea, and we agreed to meet up when she and Leisa finished exploring the Museum of Contemporary Art (MCA) at Circular Quay.  As the afternoon progressed, and I got ready to head down on the train, Amanda texted to say the weather was "awful."  In all fairness, Amanda was getting over a bit of sickness, so a walk along the coast in the wind might not have been the best thing for her. Though, as I have previously said, Australians don't do cool weather very well.  It drops below 75 and the scarves and mittens come out (I really, really wish I was joking).  So our plans got moved inside, and I met Leisa and Amanda as they explored the MCA.  I caught them at the tail end of their wanderings, but got to see some exhibits on the upper floor and was treated to a spectacular view of Circular Quay, the Opera House, and the Bridge from the rooftop terrace.

After the museum, Leisa headed back home and Amanda and I struck out in search of sushi.  Jimmy had recommended a place in Darlinghurst called Sushi on Stanley, and we decided to go in search of it.  We took the train to Museum and crossed Hyde Park on the walk toward Kings Cross.  To say we were pleasantly surprised is an understatement.  The food was fantastic, the portions huge, and the price was right.  We had a nice evening of it, and after the sun set we wandered back to the station and took the train to Central where we parted ways.   I caught a Metrobus home (the first time I have gotten to ride on a bendy-bus since I got here) and Amanda switched trains to continue on to Petersham.

It was a lovely afternoon and evening, and I suppose now I should buckle down a bit and do some work before I head back to Town Hall in the morning!

Comments

Popular Posts