Forward to the Past

To get to Atlanta I must travel from the future, through the past, to get to the present.  Let me explain:

I will depart Sydney at 9:50AM on 1 August.
While over the Pacific during my fourteen hour flight, I will cross the International Dateline, sending me back to the evening of 31 July.
From the International Dateline, I will continue eastward, accelerating the changing of time to be time + the speed of the airplane relative to time zones, resulting in me landing at 6:50AM on 1 August in LA.
Finally, I will take off from LA at 9:00AM on 1 August, a full fifty minutes in time before I took off from Sydney seventeen hours prior, and travel east again on a four hour trip, putting me in Atlanta over seven hours later at 4:30PM on 1 August.
Pretty crazy, hey?
By the same token, it also really, really complicates blog post times, as, in order to keep things in occurrence order I might need to manipulate the dates a bit.

Please bear with me as I travel through time.

Comments

Popular Posts