Rainy Days

The forecast for the next ten days evokes feelings of New Orleans... It started raining this morning and seems as though it won't let up for some time.  The nice thing is that the rain is keeping the temperature down, and the rain here does not quite match then intensity of the deluges we are used to back in the Big Easy.

This morning I had a quick information session about my internship, and have a meeting at 12:30 to go over more specifics.  At the moment I am at the student center (yay computers with internet available for student use!) to seek a bit of refuge from the rain.  Tiffany and I spent some time wandering the 200+ tents set up by student organizations on campus for O-week.  We explored a bit, grabbed as much free stuff (because we are, after all, good college students), and joined the Jewish organization on campus.  Over the next few days we will continue to gather free food from the tents (stocking up for the dark times when people will no longer be throwing free things at us) and maybe join a few more organizations.

To conclude, I will begin to teach you some Aussie lingo which I find incredibly entertaining:

Today's word: mackers (mah - cuhs)
Definition: McDonald's - the Aussies that I met were aghast that we actually say the whole word McDonald's.  I knew that they were big on abbreviating words, but I thought this one was particularly funny.

Comments

Popular Posts