Family time

Just sent off a major Uni submittal after spending much of my Saturday doing some work at home on it. I did get a chance to spend an hour or two out running some errands, taking advantage of the End of Financial Year (Australia's financial year in 1 July-30 June) bargains to snag a nice computer monitor for my home desk, new headphones for running, and some smaller home accessories now that I am settled in. Also got to have a chai out in the warmth of the sun with a friend who just left for a few weeks for Europe.

Overall, the week was a really, really busy one in the office, and Tuesday and Wednesday were literally a wash with lots of rain.

Monday was the single exception to the rule, with my cousin (the one who I hung out with in Melbourne) arriving on an early morning train to stay in the city for a few weeks. Being her first time in Sydney, it was a great chance to show her around the city, and the weather obliged. While we only had a few hours (between me doing some work in the morning and having meetings in the afternoon), we covered a ton of ground from Darling Harbour to Circular Quay to the CBD and around Broadway.

A sunny day under the Harbour Bridge.
The highlight from our adventure was definitely the food (if you haven't gathered, I love food!). We stopped into an unassuming udon place for lunch, which the internet told me was the highest rated in the city. While the hype concerned me a bit, the experience didn't disappoint, and I can say it was the best udon I've had in Sydney and I will definitely go back.

After my meetings in the afternoon, we met back up and headed into the city to grab dinner with Amanda and Candice at our old go-to, Sushi on Stanley. We have been eating at the hole-in-the-wall sushi restaurant for six years and it was just as amazing as ever after three years. We all left very happy and VERY full.

You can see why we left full.

While this update was relatively quick (sometimes I actually do work a lot, so there's not too much to report!), expect a lot more news in the coming days. As I write, my brother and some of his friends are over the Pacific on their way down here. They land in the morning and we will have a full day around the city, fueled by coffee. Then I'll have a quick workday on Monday before we all load up and go trans-Tasman to New Zealand for a few days! Looking forward to the trip, and catching up with Jason, but not necessarily for the colder weather of NZ. Stay tuned!

Comments

Popular Posts