A Bit Different

So this is going to be a bit different from the last 252 posts...

I'm leaving for a big trip in 36 hours and it is not to Australia (shocking, I  know). When I started this blog three years ago, I could not have envisioned my two subsequent Australian trips, and was more than happy to share them with you through "Uptown to Down Under." But now I will be traveling out of the US to a non-Oceania destination for the first time since 2011, and as I have enjoyed sharing my journeys and adventures along the way, I thought it would be best to expand the scope of the blog a bit, despite the title of the blog...

First, have no fear. I still plan to return to Australia this year, so you don't have to worry - it's the same old Aussie-stricken me. But, if you haven't gathered, I love all travel and have aspirations to hit all seven continents before I turn a certain age which is coming up fast. Before I put the cart before the horse, however, let's just talk about my pending trip.

Unlike the past three years, in light of recent events, I will be writing about things after I have done them. It's not that I'm going anywhere particularly bold, but discretion is the better part of valor... that being said, here's what I will share:

  • I'm leaving Friday afternoon, which means I will be heading to the airport in 36 hours. One more day of work!
  • The trip will be ten days long.
  • I will be spending time in four cities in two countries.
  • My travel will consist of eight flights, all on airlines I have never flown, through ten airports, eight of which will be new to me.
  • Three of the airports I have layovers in will be in two countries I have never been to.
  • I will be visiting a new continent (#5!!!)
  • Two days of the trip I will be on three continents in one day.
  • I will be visiting friends and traveling with one friend the entire time (except for the actual journey to and from my first and final destinations).
  • I am very, very, very excited.
  • And, true to form, I haven't started packing yet.
So there you have it. A bunch of information to keep you in suspense!

The adventure begins tomorrow.

Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular Posts