The adventure begins

I am sitting at my gate at LAX, waiting to board to Sydneythings are a bit delayed, but we should be getting on the plane in the next hour. If things haven't changed, there are more than 100 seats open on the flight, so I should have my own row!

Overall, the trip has been shockingly easy compared to previous journeys. I was able to gate check my large carry-on bag all the way to Sydney, saving me the hassle of lugging the behemoth onto the plane and on the dreaded trek around LAX. However, to my happy surprise, there is now a bus linking the Delta terminals here, meaning you don't have to leave the secure terminal and go back through security.

Nonetheless, not having the bag weigh me down during the trip is a big weight off my shoulders, both figuratively and literally.

This morning was spent doing laundry and a final round of packing, followed by lunch with some friends. I ended up fitting everything in my standard two checked bags (though I did pay the extra fee to put 70 pounds in one), the aforementioned gargantuan carry-on, and my overstuffed backpack with all my electronics.

Aside from a minor delay at security due to some suspicious-looking collar stays in my checked bag, this trip is going quite smoothly. Let's hope the trend continues.

My plan is to have dinner (which probably won't be served until 3:00 a.m. Eastern) and then try to get some sleep. We'll see how that goes.

Comments

Popular Posts