It's That Time Again!

I have just arrived back in Atlanta from my weekend in Athens.  Friday evening a few friends from Atlanta (GHP people) and I grabbed dinner and saw our friend Hilary (who's name has popped up on this blog before) in a dance performance.  Saturday I hung around and went about transferring all my information for my trip from my laptop to my netbook that I will be travelling with. With things digitally squared away, I then had a friend from middle and high school's wedding.  It was a lovely event and it was wonderful to catch up with friends (many of whom I haven't seen in years).

After brunch in Athens, I made the drive back to Atlanta to begin my final preparations for my trip.  With less than 24 hours until I leave for the airport, the time has come to start that whole packing thing.

I have laundry in the washer and dryer, and my bag out, so the process has begun - I don't doubt that it will be protracted, and won't wrap up until tomorrow afternoon right before I leave for the airport. I'm shooting to leave around 1:00 or so.

The forecast for tomorrow in Atlanta is threatening thunderstorms - so I am hoping that won't affect the flights. The good news is that the weather in LA looks promising - no threat of rain and comfortable temperatures for my walk between LAX terminals.

The forecast when I arrive in Auckland will defiantly be a shock to the body. I'll have no doubt that it's winter when I leave the airport around 7:00AM, with temperatures in the low to mid 40s. The high for the time I will be in the city is 55, and rain looks like it will be omnipresent.

The forecast for Launceston (and the rest of Tasmania, for that matter) is looking like 40s and 30s with precipitation - I suppose that is what I get for going in winter.  Nonetheless, it will be a blast.

As always, I probably won't sleep much tonight - the anticipation is a lot to bear - I am so excited to begin my trip!

Comments

Popular Posts