Round Three

This post might be a bit premature, though conversely it is months coming.  However, with the news now official, I figured I should come around and blow some of the dust off the blog in preparation for (you guessed it) my THIRD trip in as many years down to the land I love - Australia!  While the trip is a month and a half away, I am back in the process of sorting out travel plans (just like last year around this time).

I will update more of the when and where and why in the coming month as I iron out details, though at the moment it is looking like:

Atlanta to Auckland, NZ by way of Sydney - comprising what will be the longest single (well technically three) days of travel I have endured.
Five days in Auckland (for a conference - the purpose of my trip).
Auckland to Tasmania (likely Launceston) via Melbourne.
Five or six days in Tasmania seeing the sites, maybe some Tasmanian devils.
Hobart to Sydney (though my point of departure is not settled yet - that will take some planning).
Three days in Sydney (including birthday #3 in Oz).
Sydney to Atlanta.

While I would love a repeat of last year's aimless wandering and protracted seemingly unending journey, this time I have to contend with some pesky real-life restrictions.  And by that, I mean work.

None-the-less, it promises to be an exciting few weeks, and I could not be more excited about the trip (and the planning, I love the planning)!

Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular Posts