Flying like an Aussie

At the Sydney airport waiting to head off to Brisbane for a long weekend visiting a few friends and checking out the large Railway Museum in Ipswich; we'll call that research. I did better this time around, getting here with a bit less time to hang around: my flight departs at 2:00 and I arrived on the train at 12:57, though, I was still at my gate by 1:00, so I have a little more patience to learn from the Aussies yet. Though I'm not the first one at the gate this time, so progress!

The last two weeks have been busy at work, meaning there's not a whole lot to update everyone on. Worklife makes for a dull blog!

As you are all likely aware, it is still winter here, but winter in Sydney is far from the winter experienced in most places stateside. Last weekend it got into the mid-20s (the 70s F), so I spent a lot of time outside. On Saturday I got in an 11km run as I prepare for next month's big race in Sydney, the City2Surf (which, as the name suggests, wends a circuitous 14km route from the city to Bondi Beach). Saturday's run took me out to Barangaroo, which was packed with others enjoying the nice weather. I paused briefly at the top of the hill to take in the Harbour; a view I never want to take for granted.

The harbour and Blues Point from Barangaroo.
That evening, Candice and I went to Giant Dwarf to see some sketch comedy. The show was a Saturday Night Live-esque event, with a team of writers starting work on sketches in the morning, actors coming in at mid-day to learn the scenes, and the show that night. Given the format, I was skeptical that all the sketches would be good, but Candice and I were absolutely floored as the entire hour-long show was topical, engaging, and downright hilarious.

Before we went to the show, we hung out at her place, catching up from our most recent tripsto Tasmania for her and New Zealand for me. As always, it was great to catch up, and dinner was great!

Mexican dinner at Candice's.
On Sunday, we got together again and spent the morning at the Addison Road markets and the early afternoon at Sydney Park with her puppy. It was a great, great way to spend the day.

Playing fetch with Bea.

Looking toward the city from Sydney Park.

Other than that, not much to report. I will have a longer post when I get back from Brisbane! Now, time to board.

Comments

Popular Posts