Rooftop games and indoor putt-putt

So, in my last post I said I was caught up. But that did neglect the fact that I hadn't really told you about the fun adventures I got up to last weekend (besides brunch in Bondi). So here goes this quick update, sans visuals, before I start on a new post covering the last week and weekend.

On both Friday and Saturday nights I got the chance to go back in time a bit, thanks to a few fun venues in Sydney.

Friday, I met a friend in Kings Cross, just east of the CBD, to check out a bar called Holey Moley. Far from just a bar, however, the sprawling second-floor space with views of the city has three small mini-golf courses, all with over-the-top themed holes.

We played a round on the "VIP" course, which included things like having to putt through one of those walk-in money blowing machines, a roulette table-type setup, and even starting a hole by using the putter as a pool cue on a pool table with your golf ball. Needless to say, it was a lot of fun. I don't think I have played putt putt in years, but the premise is definitely a hole in one and someone in the states should franchise the place!

The next night, I ventured up to the top floor of the carpark at Broadway (the large in-town shopping centre near my place) to check out a rooftop roller rink that was part of the month-long Sydney Fringe Festival. While the rink left a bit to be desired, the entire rooftop had been turned into a park, complete with adult-sized children's games. A few rounds each of giant Connect 4 and giant Jenga, coupled with a DJ and skyline views made for an enjoyable evening.

All in, last weekend was a blast; sometimes it's fun to go and be a kid again.


Comments

Popular Posts